And that might not be as bad as it sounds.
In this November/December issue of Campus Technology an interesting article gives inspiration on how to use data from your LMS to influence students success. All the small streams of information helps giving faculty an overall view on students progress and overall well-being.
The article offers 8 ways to make the best of data from your LMS:
- Adopt a tool anybody can use
- Use analytics to identify faculty innovation
- Help people refocus with the facts
- Promote students ownership of learning
- Leverage analytics for highest impact
- Get access to more data
- Make the data reachable
- Continually seek new ways to expand LMS data usage
The challenge for faculty is to uncover the paedagogical possibilities in using the data that a modern and contemporary LMS generates and then use these to improve quality.